YSB Child Development Center
We are a non-profit licensed day care center for children ages 15 months through five years of age. Our staff is experienced in early childhood education and qualified through accredited courses. Parents and family members are actively involved in their child's care as volunteers in classroom activities, field trips and fundraising projects.
All programs are designed to promote:
- respect for the rights of others
Our doors are open anytime if you would like to drop in and see what we're about. We are here to answer any questions you may have.
We work as closely as possible with parents and welcome discussions of any problems that may arise.
Our mission is to support children's desire to be lifelong learners. The YSB Child Development Center strives to provide a safe, developmentally appropriate and culturally enriched environment for young children. Our focus is to provide stimulating early care and educational experience which promotes each dhild's social/emotional, physical and cognitive development.
The vision of YSB Child Development Center is to provide safe, quality care with a variety of experiences and strive to create a positive link between child, family, school system and the community.
Parents and teachers support each other, sharing the same vision and encouraging the same goals for their child.
YSB Child Development Center believes in the following values:
- Developmentally Appropriate Practices
- Individually Appropriate Practices
- Culturally Appropriate Practices
- Trained, experienced and qualified educators
- Respect, value and incorporate the cultural diversity of all children and their famlies
- Form partnerships with families
- Support families in their care giving and decision making roles while building on their unique strengths and resources
- Respect family and community values
- Communication, collaboration, and accountability between all board members
You can e-mail Debra Wackerline, who is the director of YSB Child Development Center, with any questions you may have or phone her at (815) 224-4244.
Download YSB Child Development Center Brochure
Download YSB Child Development Center 2015-2016 Parent Handbook
Download YSB Child Development Center January 2017 Newsletter
Download YSB Child Development Center February 2017 Newsletter
Download YSB Child Development Center March 2017 Newsletter
YSB Child Development Center Enrollment Form
State of Illinois Child Health Examination Form
State of Illinois Child & Adult Care Food Program Form
Child Care Application
Council on Accreditation
Quality Rating System